Performance problems plague athletes regardless of their discipline or species. Subtle lameness issues can affect the performance of equine athletes, even if they are still able to compete. Combining a solid diagnostic protocol with a state of the art treatment and rehabilitation plan can bring your horse back to full function. The doctors' combined years of experience with competitive horses both in and out of the veterinary world give them a unique perspective on the biomechanics and physiology of competition horses and their riders.
"Whether it be for rehab, retirement, or taking care of our upcoming young horses, Circle Oak has provided us and our horses with the care and facility for our top performers. We continue to be impressed by their staff and professionalism and strongly recommend them for any type of rehabilitation work." Hope Glynn, Sonoma Valley Stables
Dr. Snyder’s extensive experience on the international competition circuits gives him a keen understanding of the capabilities of these incredible athletes. His superb diagnostic technique combined with this experience allows him to succeed in identifying and treating problmes that have proved problematic to others. Advancements in surgical and treatment options for horses are frequent and Dr. Snyder is at the very forefront of new developments.
Imaging is highly dependent on the quality of the technology used, and the enormous advances in radiography, ultrasound and MRI have produced increasingly superior results over the last decade. Dr. Sarah Puchalski has been one of the leaders in researching and studying new imaging technology as it emerges into the marketplace. This expertise, combined with her extensive horse experience, enables her to translate the images into clinically relevant pictures for a vast array of cases.
Dr. Schlachter’s exhaustive diagnostic techniques added to this knowledge of rehabilitative techniques can give a horse their best chance of a proper diagnosis and treatment plan. The integration of Eastern medicine, chiropractic, bodywork and the latest rehabilitation technologies into traditional veterinary medicine allows Dr. Schlachter to create an optimal rehabilitation plan, regardless of the injury.
The doctors and team at Circle Oak will work with you to identify the underlying problems affecting your horse’s condition and help you develop and implement a strategy to get him sound and keep him that way.
For pricing call 707-738-2529
• Individualized rehabilitation program designed by your veterinarian and you, in consultation with Circle Oak’s Medical Director and on-site veterinarian, Dr. Carrie Schlachter. Or, at your option, designed by Dr. Schlachter in consultation with your veterinarian and you. Pricing dependent on each individual horse's program.
• Execution of your horse’s rehabilitation program by experienced and professional staff, led by our Registered Veterinary Technician and supervised by Dr. Schlachter.
• Initial wellness examination by Dr. Carrie Schlachter, if requested.
• Initial nutritional consultation from Platinum Performance, if requested.
• Leg wraps as prescribed.
• Regular bathing.
• Administration of routine medication, grain and supplements 2X/day.
• Vet and farrier scheduling and assistance.
• Blanketing on/off daily.
• Deeply bedded 12 x 16 stall, with rubber mats.
• Feed high quality hay 2 or 3 times per day.
• Stalls cleaned 2x per day.
• Daily body check, grooming and picking of feet.
• Covered, 70 foot panel walker 6x/week (with or without weight belt), or turn-out, or 10 minute hand-walk 2x/day, 6x/week, as applicable.
*Hydrotherapy –Programs using hydrotherapy (HydroHorse and/or ECB cold saltwater spa)—or EquiVibe therapy at least 4 times per week will receive a discount on the therapy sessions.
Additional services available, as quoted:
• EquiVibe vibration plate therapy
• Game Ready or whirlpool ice boot leg treatments
• Veterinary treatments (billed by veterinarian)
• Extraordinary hand-walking
• Pressure bandaging or major wound cleaning and bandaging
• Emergency, intensive care, or after hours
• Platinum Performance:
o Complete Joint (CJ)
o Other Platinum products
• Grain or other supplements—as quoted or supplied by owner
• Rehabilitative riding
Non-Resident/Haul-in Rates (limited availability)
• Residency for 4 days of introductory training
Effective March 1, 2015