Circle Oak's landscape is
featured in numerous publications:
Circle Oak Equine is located on 33 beautiful acres at the end of a private road in Petaluma, California, making it easily accessible from all parts of the Bay Area and Central Valley, while remaining tranquil and private.
Our facilities are designed to provide a safe and comfortable environment for rest, rehabilitation and fitness. Horse and handler safety are paramount, and many custom modifications were incorporated into our barns, stalls, tie-poles and equipment in order to reduce the chances of injury or discomfort. In addition to the roomy stalls we have sand-footed turnouts of varying sizes to accommodate differing rehab needs and progress.
As a Master Gardener with 45 years of gardening experience, I have a deep understanding and appreciation of how plants and landscaping can create a tranquil and supportive environment. Calm handlers make for calm horses, which is the basis for the most successful rehabilitation programs.
-Sara Malone, Owner, Circle Oak Equine
The property features two ponds, irrigated pastures, exercise trails and sumptuous landscaping. We take scrupulous care of our buildings and our landscape; our philosophy is that if the environment is calm and soothing, the caregivers and visitors will also be relaxed and result in tranquility that is optimal for equine recovery and comfort.
In addition to our concern for horse and human safety, we have incorporated our desire to have a minimal impact on the environment into the design and operation of Circle Oak. From our use of an organic fly system in our barns to the complete composting and re-use of all manure and shavings, capture of 100% of rain runoff and a 24KW solar power array, we are mindful of how we affect our neighbors and our environment.
33 acre, 50 stall Private Equine Veterinary Facility
- Hydrohorse™ underwater treadmill
- ECB Equine Cold Saltwater Spa
- Custom 70′, covered six horse free flow exerciser
- EquiVibe vibration plate
- Veterinary office
- Veterinary technician room
- 110' x 240' lighted covered arena with (17) 12' x 16' or 12' x 24' MD stalls with electric fans, office, stocks and rubber-floored aisles and heated examination and treatment rooms
- 10 stall Barnmaster barn: (12’ x 16’ stalls) with electric fans
- 9 stall barn (12' x 16' stalls) with 12' x 24' paddocks
- 4 stall Barnmaster barn: (2) 16’ x 16’ stalls with 12’ x 44’ covered porches and ½ acre paddocks and (2) 14’ x 16’ stalls with 12’ x 44’ covered porches and ½ acre paddocks
- (4) 12' x 16' stalls with 1/4 acre paddocks
- (2) 12’ x 16’ stalls with shared ½ acre paddock
- (2) additional 12’ x 16’ stalls with shared ½ acre paddock
- (3) 15′ x 15′ sand-footed turnout pens
- 18,000 lineal feet of custom, 5 rail steel horse fence.
- 175’ round pen
- 120’ round pen
- 50’ breaking pen
- (2) 30’ tying pens
- 65’ longeing pen
- (3) irrigated pastures, 2 with 24' x 36' shelters
- Riding/exercise trails
- Outdoor wash racks
- Covered heated wash rack with hot water
- Heated drying area
- Indoor hay/shavings storage (7500 square foot hay barn and shop)
- Automatic organic fly spray systems in all barns
- Numerous tack rooms
- Complete manure/shavings composting system
- 24 kw solar power system